Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Idiotic people

The previous post, in case any of you were wondering, is about my sister's husband. I have never come across such a manipulative and calculating person in my life. And to set the record straight, I have never been this furious in my life.
Just today, he brought his friend over for a meal without asking anyone if it was ok to do so. Yesterday was packed lunch for the friend, and today its bringing the friend home for a meal. My mom had her lunch at 3pm yesterday because she prepared the food and served my sister's husband and packed the food for his friend and then had lunch. Just because the friend is his business partner, none of us are obliged to entertain him or to do things for him. I am not being petty about food, but this shouldnt become a convenient habit.

And yes, I am literally seeing red because this is the friend with whom he set up the company with. There were many crappy excuses on why they couldnt employ me there, while the actual reason was because they simply did not think I was worth or smart enough to be employed in their high-tech, high-flying office. In what way am I less able or in what way did I fault him to give me that kind of shit.

So am I wrong in picking fights and feeling upset all the time? Why do I have to be nice and tolerate someone who does not bother about me at all? It is not something that is impossible for him to have done, knowing my situation. The hurt simply boils inside me and keeps burning me with anger. Each time I see his face, I just get so irritated at even the smallest things he does or says. He can actually comment that I am antisocial, but he doesnt know that I am just keeping my mouth shut because I do not want to scream at him. But sadly, I am really disgusted at people's attitudes.

There is really no meaning in relatives etc. It is all a lie. Once their work is done, you are cast off like a pair of worn boots. Every person has to stand up for his or her own and look after their affairs first. Because at the end of the day, its those closest to you who like to mock you when you are at your lowest.

No comments: