Monday, July 25, 2005

Insanity makes the world go round nowadays. They say all sorts of things, but when they require your help, they have no qualms about shamelessly asking.

I am basically not a mean person. If anyone approaches me for any kind of help, I jump to offer assistance to the best of my abilities and means. What I cannot tolerate is when people mock at me and do not bother to help in any way. Even if they are not willing to render some form of aid, at least the words 'I will try' would be some form of balm for a hurt soul. But certain selfish people thought so low of me to the extent that they were sniggering with contempt when I needed a job. Yet now, they approach me shamelessly asking for opportunities. What makes them think I would? Is it so easy to forget what they said then? It was like plunging a sharp sword through a raw open wound.

Revenge is sweet. But my conscience nudges me. It is said that no matter what bad things people do to you, do them good and put them to shame. Its funny, when they do not even realise that they had done harm in the past, how are they gonna feel ashamed realising their folly?

Maybe this is the crossroad where I decide what kind of a person I am. I can choose to give opportunites and not get credit, or ignore and have my revenge tinged with a little bit of tartness. I shall take my decision with a pinch of salt. Ultimately its not worth my time and efforts helping ungrateful people.

No comments: