Thursday, August 11, 2005

Long lapse since my last post on blogger. Somehow I find its easier to blog occasionally, because when I force myself to blog everyday, I end up shutting down my blog!

Anyways, I am planning to invest in a good digicam soon and that would be easier for me to start posting pictures in my blog as well.

Had chicken porridge for dinner last night as I was not in the mood to eat any spicy/heavy stuff. Simple recipe but it tasted really great!

Chicken Porridge
1/2 cup rice
chicken fillet, sliced thinly
2 cm piece of ginger, smashed and sliced into thin strips
carrots, cubed small (1/2 a carrot)
spring onions, chopped
red chillies, sliced thin(seeds removed) (optional)
pepper
fried onions (optional)
light soy sauce
2-2.5 cups chicken stock or dissolve 1/2 chicken stock cube in 2-2.5cups of boiling water

Put the chicken stock to boil along with the ginger and pepper, when it reaches boiling point, add in chicken and cook. remove chicken once its thoroughly cooked and keep aside.
In the boiling stock, add the washed rice and boil away till rice is cooked through. Add carrots and continue boiling till rice starts breaking up into desired porridge consistency. Once the rice has gained the desired consistency, add in the cooked chiken and stir through. taste and add salt/soy sauce as desired.
serve garnished with spring onions, red chillies, fried onions and a few drops of sesame oil. Get ready to enter Kai Chok heaven!

Asian Comfort food at its best!!! Yummy in my tummy! Its a pity there isnt a picture to show how pretty the dish was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Rathi,
I agree with you totally.. !! asian comfort food is the best.!!
I really miss asian food terribly..!

Anonymous said...

FOOD food food.
all u do is food
ahhahahaahahha
lols.

Rathi said...

Oi Maygs, Food is more interesting than guys. At least its mutually satisfying to do food!!! :P

Oh no Big Bok, if you do miss asian food a lot, let me know. I will courier some ready mixes/pastes to you. Especially those you cant find in your place.