Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Scary incident at work today!!! One old man, shabbily dressed in a torn singlet and baggy pants came into my office and banged on the door so hard. I thought he was feeling sick or something and jumped to open the door! Luckily I thought twice and tried waving him off.

He refused to move and started shouting that he wants money for a leg operation and tried to turn the door knob. By this time my heart was right at my throat, as I was alone in the office and he was creeping me out.

I said no in mandarin and waved him away but he still persisted and tried showing me his IC and some documents supposedly from the hospital. He looked a bit 'off', like he was drunk. I quickly moved towards my table and on the way I spotted the BIG dinosaur metal paper puncher and decided that would be my weapon should he break in or something.

I took the phone receiver up meaning to call my sis to ask her what to do, and I think the old man assumed I was trying to call the police. He said NO Police and dashed off.

What an experience. I should make sure I remember to keep the door locked at all times. Sighz...terrible encounter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a frightening experience..!! luckily he left..!! ya .. good idea to keep the door lock at all times.. never know who is out there..!!