Sunday, February 19, 2006

Puppy Chow

I think I can start a business is gourmet doggy meals because I seem to be cooking a wide variety of meals for the puppy ( who is not technically a puppy now @ 14 months :P). And now that puppy has had a taste of the wide variety of foods available, puppy is impartial to home cooked food. Store bought pet foods get the snub! hehehehe..... its so funny.

So far, I have cooked

1) Spiral Organic Pasta with ground chicken/lamb in a tomato and carrot based sauce.
2) Lamb and Barley with green peas
3) Oats and chicken pieces with brocolli
4) Rice cooked in chicken broth with a tomato based sauce with chicken pieces
5) Chicken/Lamb and carrots with rosemary and wholemeal bread
6) Fish with potato and garlic mash with bread/rice
Tonight I am going to try a pseudo burger with ground lamb and bread....hehehe

The list is a bit too long here....but if anyone needs any recipes, just give me a holler via email.

I think homecooking for pets is rewarding when you see your little four-legged friend slurping up his food with his tail wagging. Pet foods are not exactly made with the freshest ingredients or the best quality meats and they contain a high sodium content. Even top brand pet foods have a lot of additives and are made from animal by products i.e. animal bones, beaks, feathers etc; when its all ground up, you wont know the difference!

It might be a bit difficult to fulfill a doggy's nutritional needs so its best to always supplement with a vitamin everyday(Ask your vet for advice on vitamin supplements). Also, if your dog has sensitive skin, stay away from chicken.

I do give the puppy can foods on occasions, but I stick with high-end organic brands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. ! you are too good..! can you imagine.. when you have a baby..!
I feel so ashamed.. because Chloe doesn't get home cooked food everyday.. i do try my best.. but i donch get to cook as often as i want to.. :(