Sunday, September 04, 2005


There is this 'contest' on the local Tamil channel called Vasantham Star. Its supposedly a American Idol like copycat.
Each time I watch the program, my blood boils. The judges love to criticise the singers. I mean, come on, no matter how bad they are singing, let them know how to improve and encourage them. It takes a lot of guts just to get up on stage in front of a whole lot of people to sing. I think that effort in itself deserves applause.

I remember the female judge when she used to sing a long long time ago...about 15 years ago, she used to stand on stage like a petrified tortoise, hardly moved at all. Just stood there and held the mike tightly in front of her face and sang, no emotions. Even her dressing was horrible. But now, here she is judging on the way people sing without a thought to their feelings and pride.

I always believe that we should encourage people. If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything. Sometimes words can make or break a person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey..Rathi,
Like you said . .copycats..so they have to be like the american idol judges.. so anal.. !!