Saturday, September 03, 2005


I saw this picture on yahoo.com and I was hit by an overwhelming sense of sadness.
No amount of words can even begin to portray the amount of suffering they went through and are going through everyday. Their lives have to begin from scratch, for some, it would begin without their loved ones by their side.
I closed my eyes said a quiet prayer for all of them and a tear escaped and rolled down my cheek...
Below the picture on yahoo.com, there was a link for Red Cross' Hurricane Relief Fund. I just clicked it and I donated a small amount towards the fund.


The Essence of Bhagavad Gita
What happened, it happened for good.
What is happening, is also happening for good.
What is going to happen, will also happen for good.
What have you lost that is yours?
What did you bring, that you lost?
What have you created, that it should go waste?
What you took,was taken from here.
What you gave,was given (from) here.
That which is yours today, will be some one else's tomorrow.
Some other day, it belongs to some other person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a sad thing ..Rathi, we are trying to send a care package. It is nothing.. but i hope it helps abit.